I admit it – since the tender age of 12, I’ve been a fanatic… a lip balm/gloss fanatic! This obsession has been interesting and informative as it has led me to discover, test out, and purchase several types of lip products over the years – from the naturally nude to the scented/flavoured to the medicating balm to the subtly pigmented gloss.
At the present moment, here are some of my favourite products to help service my lips. These selections get my vote based on great texture, yummy scents and tastes, adorable packaging and good nude shimmer power or a light dash of colour:
Here we go with the lip product role call (starting from the top left corner, going clockwise):
1) Tony Moly Mini Cherry Lip Balm, $10, available at Sephora – Who can resist this cute cherry shaped package? Formulated from real cherries, this balm is lightweight and creamy and helps to nourish, protect and plump up your lips.
2) Fresh Sugar Advanced Therapy Lip Treatment, $29, available at Sephora – This is great multi-purpose lip treatment, which moisturizes the lips and helps to smooth wrinkles on the lips and around the delicate area of the mouth.
3) eos (Evolution of Smooth) Smooth Sphere Lip Balm, $3.29, available at Shoppers Drug Mart, Rexall, Chapters/Indigo and other select retailers – Talk about a splash into the market! The minute eos launched their incredible lip balm in this unique packaging, everyone flocked to purchase it. This balm in Blueberry Acai is 95% organic, 100% natural and is packed with tons of antioxidants.
4) Liplicious Lip Gloss, $7.50, available at Bath & Body Works – Looking for a hydrating gloss with a gorgeous shimmer ? This is the one! The Liplicious gloss (the one in Fruit Punch is my favourite) delivers the perfect combination of colour, delicious flavour and a pretty sparkle.
5) Lush Lip Service, $7.25, available at Lush Fresh Handmade Cosmetics – A staple from Lush for over a decade, Lip Service is a mix of olive oil, cocoa, and shea butters to create a rich formula that softens your lips, PLUS your heels, toes, cuticles and elbows if you wish.
6) NARS Lip Gloss, $31, available at Sephora – This is my go-to when I don’t feel like sporting full on lipstick. NARS lip gloss is moisturizing, comes in subtle shades to bright colours and is long-lasting from the initial application to your lips.
7) Epic Blend Premium Lip Balm’s Hemp Lip Balm in Mint, $3.49, available at www.epicblend.com and selected retailers – Soothing and calming to chapped and cracked lips, this Epic Blend gives your pout a kick of 100% pure spearmint and peppermint essential oils to cure your lips of dryness and soreness.
8) The Body Shop’s Mango Lip Butter, $6, available at The Body Shop – Packaged in a colourful and compact cylinder, The Body Shop lip butter is a concoction that is whipped, silky, and is infused with shea butter and beeswax.
Got any other amazing lip product recommendations? Please comment and share your top lip picks!