To start off the weekend, I thought I’d share a favourite recipe of mine, my mom’s, and my sister’s – Luscious Vegetarian and Cheese Lasagna! For something so ooey gooey delicious, it is actually very simple to make. Hope you enjoy this!
Luscious Lasagna assembled before baking (to see the final yummy results, scroll down!):
LUSCIOUS VEGGIE LASAGNA
4 Cups of Vegetarian Spaghetti Sauce
9 Lasagna Noodles
3 Cups of Ricotta Cheese
1/4 Cup of Grated Parmesan Cheese
4 Cups of Mozzerella Cheese
1 Green Pepper (Seeded and Halved)
1 Cup of Mushrooms
1) Cook lasagna noodles according to package or recipe directions. Drain Well.
2) Take a greased 9″ x 13″ baking dish and place 1 1/2 cups of sauce on the bottom of the dish.
3) Arrange 3 lasagna noodles over sauce.
4) Spread half of the Ricotta cheese over the noodles and sprinkle 1/2 of the Parmesan cheese and 1/3 of the mozzarella cheese over top.
5) Repeat with the sauce, noodles and cheeses (Steps 1 through 4)
6) Top with noodles, then sauce and then the remaining mozzarella cheese.
7) Garnish with green peppers and mushrooms on the top.
8) Bake at 375 F for 45 minutes, until bubbling and the cheese topping is golden.
~ Serves 8 people; Pairs nicely with Caesar salad and garlic bread. ~
For the previous Domestic Recipe post on Easy Chicken Meat Sauce, CLICK HERE