One of the most requested meals that my mom gets from me on a regular basis is her famous meat sauce paired with pasta. Ever since I was little, I’ve always had a craving for this hearty meal. Since I’ve enjoyed this dish for years, I thought I’d share my mom’s recipe with you to try! It is not only mouth-watering, it is extremely simple to make!
MOM’S EASY CHICKEN MEAT SAUCE
2 lbs of Lean Ground Chicken
1 Jar of Marinara Sauce (Either a smooth marinara or one with veggies in it)
Pasta of choice (I usually go with penne or spaghetti)
1) Coat the bottom of a pot with vegetable oil and heat up the pot on the oven’s element.
2) Put the ground chicken into the pot and cook through until it is browned.
3) Slowly mix the garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, salt and pepper in with the ground chicken. Add more until it tastes to your liking.
4) Pour the entire jar of marinara sauce into the pot and mix it in with the meat until it is fully blended together.
5) Cover and simmer the sauce for 40 minutes. Stir occasionally as it simmers.
6) Add more garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, salt and pepper to the meat sauce as needed until it tastes to your liking.
7) Once the sauce is tasting to perfection, keep it covered and warmed, then cook up penne or spaghetti al dante (usually takes around 8 minutes)
8) Serve the meat sauce over the pasta, paired with a piece of garlic toast and a light sprinkling of parmesan cheese over top.
Need an idea for dessert? Check out a previous domestic recipe – Chocolate & Butterscotch Chip Cookies!