The one thing that is wonderful about the summer is that there seems to be more time for self-reflection. Whether you are taking a minute to sit back and reflect on those busy months from September to June or coming up with your next grand plan for your life, this season is beaming with creativity and deep thought. This summer, I am forever grateful for it, as I have experienced more changes in my life than ever before… some positive and some negative.
1) Learn from everything you experience. From the good, the bad, and the ugly, there is always a lesson to be learned. From your successes, remember how you got there and how to build on that success. From your least proudest moments or times you wish you could take back in your life, learn from them, aim to not repeat them and work to move on from them.
2) Surround yourself with good people. As the classic phrase goes, sometimes you are the company that you keep. Keep those close to you who are positive, supportive, loving, and have the powerful ability to help make you a better person. Trim out the negative influences. You will find that the older you get, the less you wish to put up with toxic types.
3) Create your next list of life goals or wishes. Take out a piece of paper, grab a pen, and start writing out goals or wishes for yourself and your life. Sometimes when things happened that throw you off course, it is great to re-evaluate your goals, wishes, and even missions in life. Whether you keep this goal list above your desk or put it away to read in a year, it is there to help you get back on track.
4) Keep karma in mind. Believe it or not, the energy you put out has an effect on the universe. Create a positive, kind, and respectful approach to things and you will start to see it in return from others.
5) Optimism. Even in the darkest hours, keep your chin up and be optimistic. Think about all of the wonderful things in your life and use your optimistic outlook to light up your world and create plans to turn a negative into a positive.
Got any other optimistic tips? Ideas on how to keep up a positive attitude? Please share in the comments section below!