I have been a lover of pasta for as long as I can remember and I know I am not alone in this. Pasta, in the right sauce and right accompaniments, can be absolutely amazing and in a way, comforting. I love to make or order to eat is a good pasta with chicken (for my protein kick) and paired either with veggies or a unique sauce. One ingredient that I am a huge fan of (and I know some of you are to) is pesto. To combine all of this, after this mouth-watering picture is a great recipe I have tested out before and got delicious results with…
PESTO CHICKEN PASTA
350 grams of Pasta (White or whole grain, Penne or Bowtie, the choice is yours)
300ml Light Cream
1/2 cup of Basil Pesto
1 1/2 cups of cooked sliced Chicken Breast (cook beforehand; white meat is preferred)
3 Green Onions, sliced
Optional: You can add some finely grated parmesan cheese on top of the pasta before serving
1) Cook pasta in a saucepan of boiling, slightly salted water until tender. Drain pasta, reserving 1/4 cup of liquid from the cooked pasta.
2) Return pasta to pan over medium-low heat and add reserved liquid, cream, pesto, onion, and chicken, then stir to combine items.
3) Once stirred well, cook everything for 1 to 2 minutes or until heated throughout.
4) Remove from the heat to slightly cool off.
5) Divide the large portion into pasta bowls, then sprinkle the parmesan cheese on top if desired.
This recipe makes 4 servings of pasta; pairs nicely with a mixed green salad to start and garlic bread.
For the previous Domestic Recipe post on Homemade Hot Chocolate, CLICK HERE