Going on a vacation may be a lot of fun, but a lot of people often neglect their home before heading off for fun times and great adventures ahead. Yes, the packing and preparing for the trip can be a lot of work, especially if you are headed off on a vacation of two weeks or more. However, when you return, it makes the transition back into real life easier and more comfortable if your living space is clean, fresh, organized and kept nicely – something you will love the minute you walk in the door from the airport, train station or that long road trip.
There are many things you need to do before you leave, but here are some ways to clean your home and prepare it for your vacation ahead:
• Wash and put all your dishes away before leaving on your trip.
• You should also focus on wiping your kitchen counters, sweeping your floors and making sure you have nothing that may serve as food for any insects and critters in the times ahead.
• You should check your fridge to ensure its contents are safe during the time you will spend away from home. Anything you believe may eventually spoil during your vacation should go, regardless of what it is. Butter, cheese and eggs will likely last about a week or so without a problem, but if you have any doubts you should work on cooking something with them and taking it along or eating it to ensure you’ll have no issues.
• During your deep domestic cleaning, you need to take the kitchen trash and all recyclable items to their bins outside before you head off on vacation.
• For your bedroom, put a fresh set of sheets and blankets on the bed before you leave, as it will be a wonderful welcome for you upon returning from your trip. A change of table covers and towels may also be a nice addition to your preparations.
• Put all clean clothes away and place the dirty ones in your laundry bin if you have no time to deal with them. The last thing you want is having a bunch of dirty laundry lying around.
• Clean up your bathroom as well when you prepare so it will be pleasant to use once you return. Give the shower more attention if you ignored it for a long time.
• When all is said and done, you will need to make sure you also pay attention to your trash as well, since leaving it half-full may become a real problem. If you have any biological waste or food inside, it may attract fruit flies or potentially pests, which is hardly something any of us wants around our home as a welcome home surprise.
Ella Andrews is writer, blogger and social network enthusiast She is presently involved in learning more about interior design, storage and home decor: http://www.cleaningcarpet.co/hampstead-domestic-cleaning/NW3-house-cleaners-hampstead.html