Most of my daily eating is not quite complete without a great salad. I am all about my veggies, but things that are green, grow from the ground and are good for you can be boring in taste if devoured on their own.
To add more vegetables and protein into your diet in a delicious and colourful way without sacrificing the taste, here is a fabulous cobb salad recipe that is delicious and will make you feel good as you eat!
What I love about this recipe is that if you wish to take away or add ingredients, you can! For example, I made alterations to this recipe because I dislike blue cheese with a passion, so feel free to alter it as you see fit.
Here is my version (with the recipe below the picture)…
THE DOMESTIC PEACH COMPLETE COBB SALAD
1 Head of Iceberg Lettuce (Shredded)
1/2 Head of Romaine Lettuce (Torn up in larger pieces)
2 Boneless Chicken Breasts (Cooked & lightly seasoned with pepper, if desired)
6 Slices of Turkey Bacon
2 Packages of Heirloom Cherry Tomatoes
1 Cup of Grated Cheddar Cheese
2 Hard Boiled Eggs
Sundried Tomato and Oregano Dressing
1) Wash 1 Head of Iceberg Lettuce and shred it up
2) Wash 1/2 Head of Romaine Lettuce and tear up into smaller pieces, keeping the pieces larger than the shredded up Iceberg Lettuce
3) Dice up the pre-cooked and seasoned Chicken Breasts and make sure it measures 3 cups (you want to make sure you have enough meat)
4) Slice up the pre-cooked and crispy Turkey Bacon into small pieces
5) Peel, de-pit and dice up the Avocados
6) Cut up the Heirloom Cherry Tomatoes into halves
7) Measure out 1 cup of Grated Cheddar Cheese
8) Grate up the 2 Hard Boiled Eggs
9) Lay the mix of Iceberg and Romaine Lettuce on the bottom of your plate.
10) Evenly divide and arrange the chicken, tomatoes, avocado, eggs, turkey bacon and cheddar cheese in the row on top of the lettuce.
11) Drizzle the Sundried Tomato and Oregano dressing over top.
12) Put the leftovers in the fridge – this recipe can make you 3 to 4 salads.
For the previous Domestic Recipe post on Luscious Veggie Lasagna, CLICK HERE